Wedding time reflection
I'm excited. A very good friend of mine (since High School) is getting married this weekend. He asked me to be in the wedding, and I am honored to do so of course. Since I've known him for the past 15 years or so, it gave me pause.
Looking back, things do certainly change. Remember hearing that in Cosmo or other related publications say 'Love him for how he is, because he won't change' ? I don't believe that. I believe we have changed. We have had more experience. More of life's little bumps-in-the-road and a few more joys to go around.
Life becomes work, however. More responsibilities, even just the financial ones, put a big toll on what we do/who we are/how we act. I used to be the go-out-late and socialize everyday kind of person. Now, I'm the work-late, never call my friends guy.
Where did the old me go?
Why can't the new me be a part of the old me?
Looking back, things do certainly change. Remember hearing that in Cosmo or other related publications say 'Love him for how he is, because he won't change' ? I don't believe that. I believe we have changed. We have had more experience. More of life's little bumps-in-the-road and a few more joys to go around.
Life becomes work, however. More responsibilities, even just the financial ones, put a big toll on what we do/who we are/how we act. I used to be the go-out-late and socialize everyday kind of person. Now, I'm the work-late, never call my friends guy.
Where did the old me go?
Why can't the new me be a part of the old me?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home